- Date of Birth: April 11, 1980
- Birthplace: Newport Beach, California
- Education: UCLA - BA Business Economics
- Literature: Ayn Rand, Architecture Record, Surfer, National Geographic
- Interests: Adventure, risk, pain, surf, sailing, nature, minha Carioca, durian, gastronomy, barrels, overprogramming
- Aversions: Ineptitude, suburbia, the word No, inaction, poor planning
- Travel: Europe, Morocco, Belize, Costa Rica, Brazil, Laos, Thailand, Cambodia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Puerto Rico, Mexico
- Surf Spots: Uluwatu - Bali, Santa Teresa Costa Rica, Hermosa Costa Rica, Salt Creek Dana Point, 56th Street Newport
- Green Plans: Sustainable residential development, alternative fuel awareness
- Interesting Fact: Lived in Spain, speak Spanish and Portuguese, ran OC marathon
Making life extraordinary. Growing up in and struggling with some of the conformities of suburbia (Orange County) coupled with my ambitious, slightly impatient, and inquisitive personality leant perfectly to the recipe. After a 1999 trip to Costa Rica the seed for this trip was planted. In the 4 years that followed I spent over a year and a half worth of time traveling around the globe on self-funded trips in addition to working, graduating, and partying balls. From fasting and exploring spirituality on islands in Thailand to riding macking surf at Uluwatu in Bali I had the most amazing experiences of my life. The ensuing 4 years have been spent in the corporate circle, fostering the expertise needed to run development projects.
Next chapter Roots Take: prediction of an impending economic doom due the overheated housing market, a burning passion to further explore the world and hone my surfing and language skills, a strong attraction to a sustainable lifestyle, and a meeting of the minds with Sean Robbins to craft the perfect plan.
Product: a 40,000 mile surf expedition touring every country in Central and South America.
Trip goals: Surf, study Spanish and Portuguese, read, learn, philanthropic work, teach, experience culture, develop business plans, practice sustainability through living off land and using renewable fuel sources to the extent possible, adoption of a cur, avoid returning to the routine I am leaving behind. Because I can.
PS Go ahead and email any questions you have and I'll add:
- Q: Will their be a send-off party?
A: There will be two
- Q: How long will the trip take?
A: At least 6 months
- Q: When will you come back?
A: Yet to be determined
- Q: Will you come back?
A: Possible but not likely
- Q: How big is the camper?
A: Its a Plan 1 - 55ft2, 1 bed, 0 bath
- Q: That's extremeley spacious, are you expecting mutiny?
A: Expecting, yes, although we are hoping for synergy
- Q: Do you speak the native tongue of Guatemalan banditos?
A: Yes, and we're bringing spear guns
- Q: Why?
A: Start over at the Mission Statement
- Q: Will you miss the amazing sterility of Orange County?
A: That's a negative ghostrider
- Q: Can I visit?
A: Does a bear shit in the woods?
- Q: Isn't this a little long for a vacation?
A: This is more of a internship for my upcoming career of retirement - a test drive if you will
- Q: Are you expecting a lot of piranhas?
A: I will certainly be bringing a stick to beat them off with